Email MeDiana L Porter
Diana Porter was born in Port Arthur, Texas on August 12, 1958. She completed her distinguished academic career at The University of Texas (B.A., 1984, high honors)(Phi Beta Kappa) and The Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D., 1987, Cum Laude) where she served an editor and contributing author of the Texas Tech Law Review and an officer in the student bar association and as.
Ms. Porter was licensed to practice law by the State Bar of Texas in 1987 and has continuously practiced law in Collin County, Texas since that date. She has practiced as a member of the county's oldest law firm, as a named shareholder in Amick, Floyd & Porter, P.C. and as a solo practitioner with her own firm.
Ms. Porter is Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and has participated in continuing legal education as a speaker in the area of family law. She is a Fellow in the Collin County Bench-Bar Foundation and a member of the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, the College of the State Bar of Texas, the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas and the Collin County Bar Association. She has served in numerous positions in the Collin County Bar, including serving as its President in 1995-96.
Ms. Porter recently relocated her offices to historic Downtown McKinney which provides a unique atmosphere conveniently located within walking distance of the courthouse. She resides with her family in McKinney, Texas.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Child Custody
- Alimony and Spousal Support
- Pre- and Post-Nuptial Marital Agreements
- Cohabitation Agreements
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1997
- Texas, 1987
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas
- J.D. cum laude - May, 1987
- Law Review: Texas Tech Law Review, Note Editor
- Law Review: Texas Tech Law Review, Contributing Author
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A., High Honors - August, 1984
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, Member
- College of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- Family Law Section-State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section, Member
- Collin County Bar Association, President, 1995 - 1996
- Collin County Bar Association, Director, Officer and Member
- Collin County Bench-Bar Foundation, Fellow
Past Employment Positions
- Amick, Floyd & Porter, P.C., Named Shareholder